25 September 2017
Universal Credit roll-out starts in Northern Ireland
Universal credit roll-out will commence in Northern Ireland this week with first postcode areas joining UC full service from 27 September 2017. The postcodes are those covered by the Limavady Jobs and Benefits Office.
The full list of postcodes can be found on the Department for Communities website.
UC in Northern Ireland will operate the same as in Great Britain with 3 exceptions:
- Payments in NI will be made twice monthly to all households, with monthly payments available on request. In GB the default is monthly payments.
- Split payments (paid into separate bank accounts) are possible in NI between claimants in a household
- The housing element of UC in NI will be paid directly to the landlord, with a direct payment to the household available by request to those to meet the conditions.
Additional support will also be available through welfare supplementary payments.
You can read more about the UC roll-out in Northern Ireland in our who can claim? section.
- Next entry: Universal Credit statistics
- Previous entry: Universal credit full service roll-out continues - 20 September 2017