Universal credit consultations
This consultation is seeking view on two UC flexibilities – managed payments of rent to landlords and more frequent payments of UC. The closing date for responses is 13 March 2017.
- DWP & HMRC consultation on exceptions to the two child limit policy in universal credit and child tax credit (November 2016). The Government response to this consultation was published in January 2017.
The Welfare Reform and Work Act 2016 restricts the number of children/young people in respect of whom the child element in UC and CTC is payable to a maximum of two. The Government announced that there would be exceptions to this rule and this consultation sought evidence and views to inform the detailed design of those exceptions. The exceptions consulted on were:
- Where a child is born as part of a multiple birth where there were previously fewer than two children in the household
- Living long term with family or friends because they were unable to live with their parents and could be at risk of entering the care system
- Born as a result of rape
- Adopted children
- SSAC consultation on waiting days for UC (June 2015) - SSAC consulted on the Regulations that proposed the introduction of waiting days for UC claimants. The SSAC report and Government’s response was published in June 2015.
- SSAC consultation UC surplus earnings and losses regulations (Feb 2015) - SSAC consulted on the Universal Credit (Surpluses and Self-employed losses) (Digital Service) Amendment Regulations 2015. SSAC's report and the Government’s response was published in February 2015.
- DWP consultation on UC data sharing with social landlords (Jan 2015) - DWP sought views on data sharing with landlords in order for them to assess and provide support to their tenants who have made UC claims.
- DWP consultation on UC data sharing between DWP and local support providers (December 2014) - DWP sought views on data sharing to enable local support providers to assess and provide support to vulnerable people as part of the Universal Support initiative.
- SSAC consultation on Universal Credit Regulations (2012) - SSAC consulted on the Universal Credit Regulations in 2012. The Government’s response was published alongside the SSAC report in December 2012.
Published 16 February 2017