2 March 2017
DWP publish new Universal Credit guidance for claimants
DWP have published ‘Universal Credit & You’, a new information product for people who may need to or are claiming Universal Credit (UC). This document replaces the Universal Credit welcome guide.
The PDF document allows people to select Universal Credit information from a range of topics including:
- Universal Credit full service and live service
- your responsibilities while claiming Universal Credit
- your commitment when claiming Universal Credit
- how, where and when Universal Credit is paid
- sanctions you could face if you don’t meet your responsibilities
- Information about full time work search
- Information about conditionality requirements in Universal Credit
- help to become self-employed
- help with childcare costs
- help with housing costs
From 1 March 2017, all new Universal Credit claimants will have access to a copy of this new information product either in an email sent to them by DWP or via their Universal Credit online account.
It is also available via the GOV.UK website.