9 April 2020
Self-employed income support scheme (SEISS)
HMRC have recently confirmed the latest position regarding the SEISS
- Eligible customers will be invited in May to apply.
- HMRC will explain to customers what they need to do in advance of applying – via direct contact and also gov.uk guidance.
- HMRC are on track to have the online system up and running, and making payments, by early June as the Chancellor announced.
HMRC are aware of an increase in scam emails, calls and texts. Jim Harra has sent an email to registered self-employed people to inform them that if someone gets in touch claiming to be from HMRC, saying that financial help can be claimed or that a tax refund is owed, and asks them to click on a link or to give information such as their name, credit card or bank details, they should not respond. HMRC will never contact people out of the blue to ask for these details.
- Next entry: Universal Credit : DWP say, ‘Don’t call us – we’ll call you’
- Previous entry: Universal Credit managed migration pilot suspended