National Minimum Wage: How does National Minimum and Living Wage work?
In this section you will find links to information on various aspects of NMW.
From 1 April 2016, the Government introduced a National Living Wage (NLW) for adults aged 25 or over. The NLW is higher than the NMW and will be changed every April. The NMW changes every October.
- About the new National Living Wage
- The National Minimum and Living Wage
- Who is entitled to NMW?
- Making a complaint/being paid below NMW
- Calculating NMW
- Calculating arrears due
- Minimum wage for different types of work
- National Minimum Wage and accommodation
- National Minimum Wage and interns and volunteers
- National Minimum Wage and apprentices
- National Minimum Wage and agricultural workers
Updated 16 May 2016