Child Benefit and Guardian’s Allowance: Faster child benefit claims for people coming from overseas

HMRC have made a form available to the Revenuebenefits website to help some child benefit claimants, who have come from certain overseas countries, get their claim processed more quickly. Your client should complete the form below and send it to HMRC along with their child benefit claim form.

The form is normally sent out to child benefit claimants who have come to the UK from other countries after HMRC have received their child benefit claim form. HMRC have asked us to make the form available to users of Revenuebenefits so that you can help your child benefit clients to receive a faster decision on their entitlement.

The form should be completed by child benefit claimants who have arrived in the UK from a European Economic Area (EEA) country or Switzerland.

EEA counties are Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden.

Claimants who have arrived from other countries will continue to be sent a form to complete once their child benefit form has been received by HMRC.

The form asks for additional information that HMRC say will allow them to deal with the child benefit claim quickly and accurately. You can download the form and associated guidance for completion below:

Remember that the completed form should be returned in the same envelope as the child benefit claim form.

You can find guidance on who qualifies for child benefit when they come from another country on the GOV.UK's website: Child Benefit if you move to the UK

Last reviewed/updated 20 June 2019