Tax Credits: Other Government research and reports
In addition to reports published by HMRC, other parts of the Government have also produced reports about the tax credits system.
The Public Accounts Committee has produced several reports on the tax credits system.
- HMRC’s contract with Concentrix
- Accountability to Parliament for taxpayers’ money (May 2016)
- Fraud & Error stocktake: October 2015
- HMRC performance 2014-2015
- Tax credits fraud and error: 2013/2014
- 2009/2010 (2)
- 2009/2010 - Government response
- 2008/2009 - Government response
- 2007/2008 - Government response
- 2006/2007 - Government response
- 2005/2006 - Government response
- 2005/2006 (2) - Government response
- 2003/2004 - Government response
The Public Administration Select Committee has produced two reports in relation to the ‘Tax Credits – Putting it right’ report from the Ombudsman:
The NAO have published specific reports on tax credits, most in the early years of the system. In addition, each year they publish a report into HMRC’s accounts which cover tax credits briefly. These annual reports can be found on the NAO website.
- Investigation into HMRC’s contract with Concentrix
- HMRC Annual Report and Accounts 2015-16
- Fraud and Error stocktake (July 2015)
- HMRC - A short guide (September 2015)
- Managing debt owed to central Government (December 2013). See also this commentary on the report from the Low Incomes Tax Reform Group.
- Tackling Tax Credits Error & Fraud
- HMRC Progress on reducing costs
- HMRC Customer Service Performance
Last reviewed/updated 28 April 2022