Child Benefit and Guardian's Allowance: Help with disabilities

There are many ways of contacting HMRC which are outlined in the ‘contacting HMRC’ section of the website. For those who have disabilities, effectively communicating with HMRC can be difficult. At present, no central computer system records special needs that a claimant might have, therefore reference should be made in all communications of any specific needs that HMRC should be aware of.

HMRC do provide special services for those with particular needs. A full list of all services is published on the GOV.UK website.

Following the closure of HMRC’s enquiry centres, claimants who need face to face help should contact the child benefit helpline (0300 200 3100 or textphone 0300 200 3103) or guardian’s allowance unit (0300 200 3101 or textphone 0300 200 3103) to arrange a face-to-face appointment.

More information is available on the GOV.UK website.

Last reviewed/updated 2 August 2021