Tax Credits: Adjudicator’s Office and Ombudsman’s reports
The Adjudicator’s Office investigates complaints about HMRC, and the Ombudsman’s office investigates complaints made against a wide range of Government departments including HMRC.
More information about the Adjudicator complaints process and about taking a case to the Ombudsman can be found in the tax credits guidance section of this website.
Each year, the Adjudicator’s Office publishes a report which sets out the number of complaints dealt with (including tax credits) and the number that were upheld. The report also highlights key areas of concern as well as a series of case studies showing the outcome as well as the reasoning for each example.
- Complaints about UK government departments and agencies, and some UK public organisations 2014-15
- The Ombudsman’s Report 2013, Government Complaint Handling Report 2013
- Ombudsman: A breach of confidence (2011)
- Ombudsman: Responsive and accountable (2010-2011)
- Tax Credits: Putting things right (2005-2006)
- Tax Credits: Getting it wrong? (2006-2007)
Ombudsman Annual Reports -
Last reviewed/updated 14 June 2019