Child Benefit and Guardian's Allowance: How to deal with HMRC

This section provides guidance on how to interact with HMRC, especially when things go wrong.

As well as general contact information, this section provides specific guidance for submitting an appeal, making a complaint and the standards you can expect from HMRC.

For those people who act on behalf of someone else you will find guidance on the different ways of doing this, how to become authorised to act and how to obtain information held by HMRC about your client.

Last reviewed/updated 1 July 2022